WHY CHOOSE AJ THERAPY?
Ann Jones has been a member of the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists for 18 years. During that time, she has undertaken a number of voluntary, temporary, sessional and permanent roles in Stourbridge, Dudley, Halesowen and other areas of the West Midlands in order to hone the skills that have been the foundation of AJTherapy.
In addition to practical experience, Ann has an impressive array of academic qualifications as follows –
- Therapeutic Counselling Certificate
- Counselling Skills Certificate
- The Advanced Diploma in Counselling
- BACP Accreditation
- Certificate in CBT
- Diploma in CBT Therapy
Having trained initially in the person centred approach to counselling, Ann has successfully incorporated Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) into her skills portfolio recognising that it is a significant option for all talking therapists. Ann also shows enthusiasm for new technologies and is credited with being involved in a project with the BACP and a northern software house which culminated in Ann conducting the first on-line counselling sessions in the UK, principally with clients who had issues with problem gambling.
Conscious that standing still can mean moving back, Ann has regularly improved her qualifications and learning to meet the needs of AJTherapy’s clients. Continued Personal Development is a key element for any counsellor achieving and wishing to maintain Accreditation status with the BACP. Recent CPD examples are –
- Macmillan Loss & Bereavement workshop
- The Helplines Association Responding to emotional content in helpline communication
- The Helplines Asssociation Essential Written Skills for Helpline Workers
- The Helplines Association Essential Telephone Skills For Helpine Workers
- The Essential Brief Therapy Strategies
- The Bliss Family Support Day
- How to Lift Low Self-Esteem
- Clinical And Case Supervision
- Critical Incident Training
- Professional Training in the Therapeutic Use of Mindfulness
In summary, Ann Jones has a broad set of skills and experience which deliver a polished and professional approach to client. Irrespective of the technique, or whether face to face, email, on line or telephone is the most appropriate method of contact, AJTherapy is a key provider of person centred and CBT counselling in the West Midlands.